POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The most dangerous species of all Server Time
29 Sep 2024 19:20:22 EDT (-0400)
  The most dangerous species of all (Message 31 to 40 of 104)
From: Mueen Nawaz
Subject: Re: The most dangerous species of all
Date: 1 May 2009 12:36:01
Message: <49fb24f1$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> On 4/30/2009 4:24 PM, somebody wrote:
>> "nemesis"<nam### [at] gmailcom>  wrote in message
>>> This argument of "well, that's a problem for our sons and grandsons"
>>> really bothers me.  We may well have no descendants to handle that kind
>>> of responsability.
>>
>> I find it irrational for people to care about realities they are not, and
>> cannot be, part of.
>
> I find it irrational not to plan for sustainability.

	You know all these laws we have about Internet arguments? Godwins Law, etc?

	I need to come up with a catchy sounding phrase that points out the
meaningless throwing around of the word "irrational". It almost always
has no value when it comes to the argument.

--
Why do so many foods come packaged in plastic? It's so uncanny.

                    /\  /\               /\  /
                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl

Post a reply to this message

Mueen Nawaz <m.n### [at] ieeeorg> wrote:
> > I find it irrational not to plan for sustainability.

>         You know all these laws we have about Internet arguments? Godwins Law, etc?

>         I need to come up with a catchy sounding phrase that points out the
> meaningless throwing around of the word "irrational". It almost always
> has no value when it comes to the argument.

  I honestly fail to see how the use of the word "irrational" was meaningless
and without value in his post. It looks to me like a perfectly valid opinion,
which makes a point.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> Mueen Nawaz <m.n### [at] ieeeorg> wrote:
>>> I find it irrational not to plan for sustainability.
>
>>         You know all these laws we have about Internet arguments? Godwins Law, etc?
>
>>         I need to come up with a catchy sounding phrase that points out the
>> meaningless throwing around of the word "irrational". It almost always
>> has no value when it comes to the argument.
>
>   I honestly fail to see how the use of the word "irrational" was meaningless
> and without value in his post. It looks to me like a perfectly valid opinion,
> which makes a point.

	The problem with the word rational is that it's typically used with
assumptions that are not commonly shared.

--
Isn't it counterproductive to have incandescent bulbs in a fridge?

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl

Post a reply to this message