POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The most dangerous species of all Server Time
30 Sep 2024 05:23:12 EDT (-0400)
  The most dangerous species of all (Message 25 to 34 of 104)
From: Chambers
Subject: Re: The most dangerous species of all
Date: 1 May 2009 02:43:10
Message: <49fa99fe$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/30/2009 8:58 PM, somebody wrote:
> Besides, consistency is not a virtue.

?

It isn't?

At the very least, isn't inconsistency a vice?

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Chambers
Date: 1 May 2009 02:47:00
Message: <49fa9ae4$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/30/2009 8:55 PM, somebody wrote:
> On evolutionary, geological or astronomical
> timescales, our values based on scales of a lifetime at most are
> meaningless.

Shouldn't you sit up and take notice, then, when mass extinction occurs
within a much smaller scale than a single lifetime?

If a species has been dying out for several hundred years, and we're
here to witness the end, it's one thing.

If a flourishing species suddenly drops dead one day, that's completely
different.

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message

"Chambers" <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote in message

> If a species has been dying out for several hundred years, and we're
> here to witness the end, it's one thing.
>
> If a flourishing species suddenly drops dead one day, that's completely
> different.

Why?

Post a reply to this message