POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The most dangerous species of all : Re: The most dangerous species of all Server Time
29 Sep 2024 19:21:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The most dangerous species of all
From: Chambers
Date: 1 May 2009 02:47:00
Message: <49fa9ae4$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/30/2009 8:55 PM, somebody wrote:
> On evolutionary, geological or astronomical
> timescales, our values based on scales of a lifetime at most are
> meaningless.

Shouldn't you sit up and take notice, then, when mass extinction occurs
within a much smaller scale than a single lifetime?

If a species has been dying out for several hundred years, and we're
here to witness the end, it's one thing.

If a flourishing species suddenly drops dead one day, that's completely
different.

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com