POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fighting piracy on two fronts Server Time
29 Sep 2024 17:17:15 EDT (-0400)
  Fighting piracy on two fronts (Message 21 to 30 of 69)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Fighting piracy on two fronts
Date: 21 Apr 2009 06:40:25
Message: <49eda299@news.povray.org>
somebody <x### [at] ycom> wrote:
> Yes, so? As near as I can see, there's little to no legitimate use of
> torrents. I don't buy the "it's just the technology" argument. It's the same
> argument that gun lobbyist use "guns don't kill people, people do". Well, if
> you facilitate a crime, you are partaking in it.

  The same argument could be used to shut down the entire internet.

  How many % of the information transferred over the internet breaks
copyright laws? The internet is clearly facilitating the illegal distribution
of copyrighted material.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

What, you mean like how I can type "torrents" or "torrentz" into Google and
it will give me a huge list of websites to try and find some pirate
software?  Honestly, Google couldn't make it any easier for me (unless they
actually searched the torrents too).

Post a reply to this message

> > Yes, so? As near as I can see, there's little to no legitimate use of
> > torrents. I don't buy the "it's just the technology" argument. It's the
same
> > argument that gun lobbyist use "guns don't kill people, people do".
Well, if
> > you facilitate a crime, you are partaking in it.

>   The same argument could be used to shut down the entire internet.

Now you are watering down the argument. Yes, "cars also kill people" too.
No, it's not the same thing.

Post a reply to this message