POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dubious advertising Server Time
30 Sep 2024 01:17:13 EDT (-0400)
  Dubious advertising (Message 11 to 18 of 18)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Dubious advertising
Date: 6 Feb 2009 07:54:34
Message: <498c330a@news.povray.org>
>> Come on.  If you sign up for military service, and don't know that
>> military folks gets killed every so often, you definitely need someone
>> to do your thinking for you.
>
> Given the standards of education in this country I wouldn't be at all
> surprised if those joining up think they'll just get to re-load from an
> earlier save-point.

LOL! Nice...

I don't suppose anybody remembers this, but when the whole war in Iraq
thing started up, the UK press made this big deal out of this 16 year
old girl being sent to Iraq. Everybody was all like "OMG! She's only 16!
I don't think they should make her go." And they had an interview with
her mother who was all like "oh, she's my only daughter, this is a
terrible thing to have to happen to her, and I'm really worried about
what will become of her".

WTF? SHE JOINED THE ARMY!!! What did she THINK she was going to be
doing?!? If she didn't want to end up in a warzone, she shouldn't have
joined the army! HELLO?! >_<

Lady, if you didn't want your daughter to die in a war, you shouldn't
have let her join the army!

Sheesh...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/