POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Woo, GPU! Server Time
30 Sep 2024 03:22:14 EDT (-0400)
  Woo, GPU! (Message 52 to 61 of 71)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Woo, mass breakage
Date: 30 Jan 2009 06:16:17
Message: <4982e181$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>>> Now *all* I have to do is figure out how to put NTLDR and friends
>>> back onto the drive using the recovery console and my PC will be
>>> usable again... o_O
>
> How did you manage to mess that up by simply replacing a graphics card?!?!

Read again, carefully: I haven't even changed the graphics card yet. All
I've actually done is move some hardware around so that there's a big
enough space to insert the card.

The reason Windoze is upset is because I removed HD 0. (For reasons
beyond my comprehension, M$ insists that the boot files must always be
on HD 0, even if the OS itself isn't.) So I need to put the boot files
onto the drive that has now become HD 0. Unfortunately the documentation
for this isn't that easy to find, but I believe I know how to fix this now.

Post a reply to this message