POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Woo, GPU! : Re: Woo, GPU! Server Time
30 Sep 2024 05:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Woo, GPU!
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 30 Jan 2009 14:09:07
Message: <49835053$1@news.povray.org>
>> ...or rather, "300W PSUs are not very expensive". Typically you can
>> buy one of those for about £6, or anything upwards.
>
> Like everything, the exceptionally cheap ones are crap and will die,
> often taking out other parts, in a year or so. Spend the extra and get
> the good one.

Yeah, if I buy I PSU, I tend to not buy *the* cheapest one. I like to
buy one that's a little more. Not too much, but just so that it's not
the £6 model. Maybe £15 or something?

I'm like that with a lot of things though. I tend to avoid *the*
cheapest one, and go for one a few notches higher up.

OTOH, when looking at something like CPUs, I tend to not go for *the*
most powerful one, because typically it's 8x the price for 8% more
performance. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/