POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Woo, GPU! : Re: Woo, GPU! Server Time
30 Sep 2024 05:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Woo, GPU!
From: Invisible
Date: 30 Jan 2009 07:02:24
Message: <4982ec50$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> ...or rather, "300W PSUs are not very expensive". Typically you can

>> Unfortunately, I need a minimum of 500W (and the "recommended" is
>> 630W, and if you ever go to SLI that becomes 680W). PSUs in that sort

> I'm thinking just buy 2x 300W ones for 12 pounds :-)

Mmm, yes... One PSU to power my PC, and the second one to power my GPU!! :-D

I'm not really sure how the case arrangements for that work out though.

(Notice that the recommended power is 630W, so 2x300W would still be
insufficient. However, I think my current PSU might be 400W, so...)

Anyway, it seems that if you want 700W *and* two 6-pin PCIe connectors,
you're talking about quite a lot of money. But if you settle for 650W,
you can find it quite a bit cheaper. I'm thinking I might go for this:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/151295

It exceeds the recommended Wattage, it has two seperate PCIe connectors,
and it has enough other connectors to run the rest of my stuff. (It's