POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : International English Server Time
30 Sep 2024 03:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  International English (Message 6 to 15 of 15)
From: triple r
Subject: Re: International English
Date: 18 Jan 2009 15:25:01
Message: <web.49738fbe5526185cef2b9ba40@news.povray.org>

> Other things: Don't use sentences whose meaning depends on complex tenses of
> the verb. E.g., don't use a sentence where "I would have been X" means
> something different than "I would have X".

I guess I haven't had to worry about the distinction before.  What happens if
the difference between the two makes a difference?  In general terms, of
course, but this sounds difficult for native speakers to remember unless there
clear rules beyond "don't make it too complex."

 - Ricky

Post a reply to this message