POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : International English : Re: International English Server Time
29 Sep 2024 23:28:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: International English
From: triple r
Date: 18 Jan 2009 15:35:01
Message: <web.497391685526185cef2b9ba40@news.povray.org>
andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> It doesn't mean anything in Dutch and my point is that it is not a
> mistake. People tend to think it is a mistake, but they are wrong. The
> only objection you could have is that there is another language where it
> does have a different meaning and that people who know that will be too
> occupied by that to listen to what you have to say.

Indeed.  There was no mistake when our Sudanese friend told us his brother used
to molest him regularly.  It's perfectly correct in both dialects, only it
turns out people assume something entirely different in American English, as
opposed to the British English he learned.  In his words, "No, not the Michael
Jackson kind!"

 - Ricky