POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : So, what's Gordon Freeman thinking? Server Time
30 Sep 2024 07:21:41 EDT (-0400)
  So, what's Gordon Freeman thinking? (Message 12 to 21 of 21)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: So, what's Gordon Freeman thinking?
Date: 31 Dec 2008 18:49:41
Message: <495c0515$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Ever run the hazard course? The instructor was clearly female.

Now that you mention it, yes. Plus, you get to see what's-her-name putting
the sample on the cart that gets delivered at the beginning, when you play
Blue Shift.

But you never actually *meet* a female.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Darren New
Date: 31 Dec 2008 18:52:33
Message: <495c05c1$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Or the generator suspended over an infinite pit, with no ladders or
> railing of any kind. It can only be switched on by climbing up a
> treacherously narrow metal pole, flicking two switches, and then
> climbing down before the whole contraption becomes electrofied. It is,
> one presumes, *impossible* to turn it off again.

One would hope that's merely controls that have been destroyed earlier.

> Well... the alien monsters. How intelligent are they?

Some claim the voragants (or whatever they're called) are smarter than the
rest of the invaders. Hard to say, for sure.

> I wouldn't have much trouble killing 3,000 grasshoppers if I wanted to.

Even if the grasshoppers are shooting back?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)