POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : So, what's Gordon Freeman thinking? : Re: So, what's Gordon Freeman thinking? Server Time
30 Sep 2024 09:15:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So, what's Gordon Freeman thinking?
From: Darren New
Date: 5 Jan 2009 12:19:46
Message: <49624132@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Yeah, one would *hope*! ;-) But why would you have a second set of
> controls somewhere so dangerous? Hmm...

Easy. Testing.  You climb up, open the lid, fiddle with the guts, try
turning it on to see if it works. If so, you turn it off and climb back down
again.

> Indeed. But they appear to be the exception, as far as the aliens go.

It's kind of hard to say how smart the floaty things are that shoot yellow
balls at you. The headcrabs are smart enough to do brain surgery on you. ;-)

>>> I wouldn't have much trouble killing 3,000 grasshoppers if I wanted to.
>>
>> Even if the grasshoppers are shooting back?
>
> That's just it - the zombies don't.

For a creature you encounter before you even have a weapon, they can't be
too dangerous. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?