POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Switzerland invades Englang Server Time
30 Sep 2024 19:26:34 EDT (-0400)
  Switzerland invades Englang (Message 7 to 16 of 26)
<<< Previous 6 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Switzerland invades Englang
Date: 27 Sep 2008 07:50:45
Message: <48de1e15@news.povray.org>
Doctor John <joh### [at] homecom> wrote:
> Not quite right, but close.
> Should be:Part of an islang (along with Scotlang and Waleg) between
> Netherlang and Irelang (about 1500 km southwest  from Finlang  ;-)
> :-D

  What's the difference between English and British?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 27 Sep 2008 07:55:18
Message: <48de1f26@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Doctor John <joh### [at] homecom> wrote:
>> Not quite right, but close.
>> Should be:Part of an islang (along with Scotlang and Waleg) between
>> Netherlang and Irelang (about 1500 km southwest  from Finlang  ;-)
>> :-D
>
>   What's the difference between English and British?

I am English and therefore British
Stephen is Scottish and therefore also British

England, Scotland, Wales and (arguably) Northern Ireland are part of
Great Britain and their inhabitants are British as well as having their
own native nationality (English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish)

John

--
"Eppur si muove" - Galileo Galilei

Post a reply to this message

>>   What's the difference between English and British?
>>
> I am English and therefore British
> Stephen is Scottish and therefore also British
>
> England, Scotland, Wales and (arguably) Northern Ireland are part of
> Great Britain and their inhabitants are British as well as having their
> own native nationality (English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish)

Somebody draw a Venn diagram!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Doctor John <joh### [at] homecom> wrote:
> Warp wrote:
> > Doctor John <joh### [at] homecom> wrote:
> >> Not quite right, but close.
> >> Should be:Part of an islang (along with Scotlang and Waleg) between
> >> Netherlang and Irelang (about 1500 km southwest  from Finlang  ;-)
> >> :-D
> >
> >   What's the difference between English and British?
> >
> I am English and therefore British
> Stephen is Scottish and therefore also British

> England, Scotland, Wales and (arguably) Northern Ireland are part of
> Great Britain and their inhabitants are British as well as having their
> own native nationality (English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish)

  I was expecting a humoristic answer, in par with the tone of this thread.

  OTOH, some might argue that your answer *is* humoristic...

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message