POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Switzerland invades Englang : Re: Switzerland invades Englang Server Time
30 Sep 2024 19:26:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Switzerland invades Englang
From: Stephen
Date: 27 Sep 2008 08:38:56
Message: <sd9sd49d8o5mrmqhq8peo6jse725vt0ib5@4ax.com>
On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 12:55:17 +0100, Doctor John <joh### [at] homecom> wrote:

>England, Scotland, Wales and (arguably) Northern Ireland are part of
>Great Britain and their inhabitants are British as well as having their
>own native nationality (English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish)

My understanding is, Britain is that part of these Sceptred Isles that was under
Roman occupation. That is England and Wales. When Scotland joined the union
became known as Great Britain. When the Irish Free State got independence the
union became known as the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Nothern Ireland is sometimes known as Ulster but in fact, part of Ulster is in
Eire.
--

Regards
     Stephen