POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another game question Server Time
30 Sep 2024 19:28:33 EDT (-0400)
  Another game question (Message 1 to 10 of 37)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Another game question
Date: 14 Aug 2008 16:44:27
Message: <48a4992b$1@news.povray.org>
If you play Farcry for long enough, does the game eventually, like, *end*?

I just can't believe how long I've been playing this thing, and it's
still going. This game is *huge*!

I battle my way right to the end of River. I will Crowe. I upload the
data packet. I get a nice long cutscene for my trouble, but no, that
isn't the end.

I track down a nuclear warhead and blow up a factory. I get another big
cutscene, with some dramatics. But no, that isn't the end either.

I land in the middle of a jungle infested with trigens, with only 10
bullets. After several attempts, I manage to make it to the end of the
level alive. But no, that isn't the end either. (There is however a nice
big cache of ammo and weapons - some of which appear to be new.)

So tell me... if I play this for long enough, will the game eventually
finish? Or have Crysoft actually mastered the Holy Grail of infinite
data compression and put an infinitely large game onto a single CD-ROM?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

You're not far from the end, and the end is 'Volcano'.

   ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message