POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : On reflection Server Time
1 Oct 2024 03:17:53 EDT (-0400)
  On reflection (Message 31 to 40 of 45)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 5 Messages >>>
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: On reflection
Date: 15 Aug 2008 17:00:22
Message: <dgrba4t2m7ceoimtgb7hv3d4gr6jts09i1@4ax.com>
On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 14:52:48 -0600, "somebody" <x### [at] ycom> wrote:

>"Sabrina Kilian" <"ykgp at vtSPAM.edu"> wrote in message
>> somebody wrote:
>
>> > certainly over. Ages 20-25 is where humans peak both mentally and
>physically
>> > (generally speaking, there are of course rare exceptions). It's all
>downhill
>> > from there.
>
>> If I peeked at 20-25, I should just cart myself off to a retirement home.
>
>If I had any sense when I was 18-28, I'd have "retired" for that period and
>enjoyed it as much as possible while it lasted. While it's still far off,
>I'm not looking to retiring at 65. Even assuming I'll live that long,
>retirement will be wasted at that age and beyond.

If you can remember 18 ~ 28 then you weren't there. ;)
And who says that you have to retire at 65?
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 15 Aug 2008 17:23:25
Message: <48a5f3cd$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote in message
> On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 14:52:48 -0600, "somebody" <x### [at] ycom> wrote:
>
>>"Sabrina Kilian" <"ykgp at vtSPAM.edu"> wrote in message

>>physically
>>downhill
>>
>>> If I peeked at 20-25, I should just cart myself off to a retirement
>>> home.
>>
>>If I had any sense when I was 18-28, I'd have "retired" for that period
>>and
>>enjoyed it as much as possible while it lasted. While it's still far off,
>>I'm not looking to retiring at 65. Even assuming I'll live that long,
>>retirement will be wasted at that age and beyond.
>>

> If you can remember 18 ~ 28 then you weren't there. ;)

  Heh... ;)

> And who says that you have to retire at 65?

 Yep, in my work, we never retire. No such thing.

    ~Steve~

> --
>
> Regards
>     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: stbenge
Date: 15 Aug 2008 17:29:52
Message: <48a5f550$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 13:33:30 -0700, stbenge
> <THI### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> Stephen wrote:
>>> Ooo! deep! ;)
>> Hey, makin' fun of me? ;)
>
> Was that a request or a complaint? :-)

A request, of course! I'm available for parties and other social events.
  Don't forget that I can also be your fall guy or scapegoat! Look good
in any situation, hire a whipping boy!

Sam

Post a reply to this message

"stbenge" <THI### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Stephen wrote:
>> On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 13:33:30 -0700, stbenge
>> <THI### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>>> Hey, makin' fun of me? ;)
>>
>> Was that a request or a complaint? :-)
>
> A request, of course! I'm available for parties and other social events.

    Get yourself to London for PoVcon2 then Sam, would love to share a beer
or two with you. :)

>  Don't forget that I can also be your fall guy or scapegoat! Look good in
> any situation, hire a whipping boy!

   Now you've done it... Heh... ;)

      ~Steve~

> Sam