POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : On reflection : Re: On reflection Server Time
1 Oct 2024 03:13:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: On reflection
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 16 Aug 2008 04:10:11
Message: <48a68b63$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

>> 2. I'd be far too shy to even attempt to do something like this. I'd be
>> too afraid of making an idiot of myself in front of everybody else.
>
> That is a problem but sometimes you have to do things that you don't want to do.
> Anyway its fun after you get over the initial embarrassment. Well I thought so.

Same reason I haven't taken dance lessons either, even though I can't
dance and it would be a useful skill to have.

>> (As one of my sister's many boyfriends once explained, his Jui Jitsu
>> instructor once explained to the class "if a bunch of guys start picking
>> on you in the street, *run away*! Don't try to do Jui Jitsu on them. It
>> won't work.")
>
> Sensible, lots of people believe the movies and that can be dangerous. If you
> know that you can then you don't need to prove anything.

Perhaps more worrying is the people who think you can drive a car
through buildings, jump over broken bridges, roll it over 3 times, and
then get out and run down the street chasing the Bad Guys. IRL, this
does not happen. Ever.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/