POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : On reflection : Re: On reflection Server Time
1 Oct 2024 00:07:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: On reflection
From: Stephen
Date: 16 Aug 2008 07:00:12
Message: <fpcda453h86flne81dte4e1n9n9als6usa@4ax.com>
On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 12:11:56 +0200, "Gail Shaw" <initialsurname@sentech sa dot
com> wrote:

>"Orchid XP v8" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote in message
>
>> Few people seem to realise that if you crash your car at 40 MPH,
>> you probably won't walk away without fairly significant injury.
>>

>Depends on what you're driving. Older cars, yes. The modern cars with
>airbags, crumple zones, etc, not so much.
>Also, of course, how you crash the car.

True, I was watching a Top Gear programme where the idiots deliberately crashed
their cars into a earth bank at 30 mph. Clarkson's car (an old Volvo) did not
have a working speedo and he crashed it at about 40 mph. Not only did he walk
away the car was drivable afterwards. It is pedestrians that have problems in
30+ mph crashes.

--

Regards
     Stephen