POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The decline of mindpower Server Time
1 Oct 2024 03:17:39 EDT (-0400)
  The decline of mindpower (Message 11 to 20 of 138)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: The decline of mindpower
Date: 4 Jul 2008 06:53:32
Message: <486e012c@news.povray.org>
>> For some reason, we live in a culture where it is seen as "desirable" to
>> not be cleaver.
>
>   I don't find that very surprising. Just make a google image search
> on "cleaver". Why would anyone want to be that?

OK, so I can't spell very well. I think we've established that one. It's
actually a miracle I can read or write at all! :-P

>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7435023.stm
>
>   I have noticed that many people have some kind of conscious, intentional
> mind block for anything involving math.

Definitely.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Invisible
Date: 4 Jul 2008 06:54:32
Message: <486e0168$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   I think it's just a question of primitive jealousy, which the western
> culture does nothing to fix.
>
>   "He has done more than me, he thinks he is better than me. I'll teach
> him a lesson."

Definitely.

Much easier to say "intelligent people suck" than to try to actually be
better than them.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/