POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The decline of mindpower : Re: The decline of mindpower Server Time
1 Oct 2024 05:20:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The decline of mindpower
From: Invisible
Date: 4 Jul 2008 07:34:20
Message: <486e0abc@news.povray.org>
>> (Seriously - why the hell does anybody in the modern era need to be
>> fluent at long division?
>
>   No such thing as useless knowledge.

Knowing how to do long division is not useless.

Practicing long division over and over and over and over again, for many
years on end, is a completely waste of time IMHO. Once you know how to
do long division, you know how to do long division. What possible
purpose could there be in spending years doing it over and over again?

>   How many people thought high-school math classes were boring and useless,
> until they fell in love with POV-Ray?

Maybe we should make POV-Ray more popular? Maybe it would make a good
teaching aid! ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/