POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : These words Server Time
2 Oct 2024 16:28:27 EDT (-0400)
  These words (Message 161 to 166 of 166)
From: andrel
Subject: Re: These words
Date: 24 Apr 2008 15:14:52
Message: <4810DC51.1070002@hotmail.com>
Darren New wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>> Darren New wrote:
>>

>>> It's sometimes fun trying to figure out what my wife (who learned
>>> Chinese first) is asking when she comes across a word she doesn't
>>> know.  "What's a mig-non?"
>>>
>> Don't know, my first though that it was a very fast flying female
>> monk, but it is probably english and not dutch.
>
> I asked her if it had the word "fill-it" in front. :-)  "Yeah! How'd you
> know?"
>
> She's great. I'm not making fun of her, but of English. :-)

Why would fillet mignon be english?

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 24 Apr 2008 15:35:38
Message: <4810e10a$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> Why would fillet mignon be english?

OK. I'll grant you that one. On the other hand, it's not normally
italicized, so it's officially imported in some sense.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 24 Apr 2008 18:31:12
Message: <48110a30$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 06:38:48 +0200, Gail Shaw wrote:

> "Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message
>>
>> Have you read The Children of Hurin?  I've got the book on CDs, but
>> haven't opened it yet.
>>

> No, sorry.

Ah well, it's read by Christopher Lee, so it should be easy to listen
to. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message