POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Talking to yourself Server Time
1 Oct 2024 05:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Talking to yourself (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Doctor John
Subject: Talking to yourself
Date: 20 Apr 2008 10:34:24
Message: <480b5470@news.povray.org>
Is it just me or does everyone else get fed up of people who post
replies to themselves over and over again?
For only the second time in my life I've had to killfile an individual
guilty of this gross breach of netiquette. IMO it's as bad as repeated
cross-posting. (see p.b.i for the guilty party unless you too have
killfiled them ;-) )

John

finished," then he sat down.

Post a reply to this message

> Is it just me or does everyone else get fed up of people who post
> replies to themselves over and over again?
> For only the second time in my life I've had to killfile an individual
> guilty of this gross breach of netiquette. IMO it's as bad as repeated
> cross-posting. (see p.b.i for the guilty party unless you too have
> killfiled them ;-) )

I don't usually get annoyed by people replying to themselves repeatedly
(although there is a point where it gets too annoying, like a thread
with 10+ posts from the same person and from nobody else). What annoys
me more is said posts all having images that aren't even interesting
(yes I know who you mean; I have set a few individual threads to "ignore").

Post a reply to this message

> Is it just me or does everyone else get fed up of people who post
> replies to themselves over and over again?

What was it Gandalf said?  "It's a habit of the old to talk to the
wisest person around," or something like that :)

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message