POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Now what am I going to store on this? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:19:40 EDT (-0400)
  Now what am I going to store on this? (Message 31 to 40 of 61)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Now what am I going to store on this?
Date: 17 Apr 2008 13:52:27
Message: <8i3f04hv4pmmif07l6na7tpm5nn0v72pmq@4ax.com>
On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 16:55:32 +0100, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

>That doesn't mean that you couldn't wire up neurons in such a way that
>they reliably store arbitrary data.

Good point
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 18 Apr 2008 04:02:54
Message: <480855ae$1@news.povray.org>
> There are people who have successfully memorised Pi to thousands of
> decimal places, routinely memorise decks of cards, etc.

LOOK! NEW memory technology!

- Up to 4KB of RAM weighing only 10 kg
- ULTRA FAST read speeds up to 120 bytes / minute
- ULTRA FAST write* speeds up to 120 bytes / minute
- RELIABLE, only 0.01% data lost**
- SEMI-VOLATILE, no power needed, just bread and water

* For data chunks up to 8 bytes, for bigger data chunks write speed may be
massively reduced
** For small data chunks, larger data chunks might have much more lost data,
also depends on write speed used and time between read cycles

Post a reply to this message