POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Now what am I going to store on this? : Re: Now what am I going to store on this? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 18:30:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Now what am I going to store on this?
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Apr 2008 22:48:28
Message: <48095d7c$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Don't look at me - I don't even know how an ordinary transistor works!

Ah. I'd explain, but it would take lots of pictures. Maybe another time.
:-)

(Thinking on it, I feel silly saying "it would take too many pictures"
in a pov-ray newsgroup. :-)

>> Check your periodic table of the elements.
>
> ....because all the properties of the elements are determined solely by
> their position in the table?

Many of em. Certainly in this case.  Semiconductors have four valence
electrons in an outer shell that needs 8.

> Remind me, why are the only two liquids at positions 35 and 80?

"Probably something to do with quantum."

There's liquids all over the periodic table. Just not at *your*
temperature. :-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"