POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Now what am I going to store on this? : Re: Now what am I going to store on this? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 18:31:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Now what am I going to store on this?
From: scott
Date: 18 Apr 2008 04:02:54
Message: <480855ae$1@news.povray.org>
> There are people who have successfully memorised Pi to thousands of
> decimal places, routinely memorise decks of cards, etc.

LOOK! NEW memory technology!

- Up to 4KB of RAM weighing only 10 kg
- ULTRA FAST read speeds up to 120 bytes / minute
- ULTRA FAST write* speeds up to 120 bytes / minute
- RELIABLE, only 0.01% data lost**
- SEMI-VOLATILE, no power needed, just bread and water

* For data chunks up to 8 bytes, for bigger data chunks write speed may be
massively reduced
** For small data chunks, larger data chunks might have much more lost data,
also depends on write speed used and time between read cycles