POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I found this interesting Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:26:04 EDT (-0400)
  I found this interesting (Message 65 to 74 of 154)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: I found this interesting
Date: 7 Apr 2008 09:31:04
Message: <47fa2218$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   I have learned to reread everything I write. I reread all my news posts
> before I send them (well, at least if they are longer than a few lines).
> Sometimes I spend more time re-editing and fine-tuning the text than
> I spent writing it for the first time... :P

I find that when I reread something I just wrote, I'm not "really"
rereading it - because I still remember what I think I typed. If that
makes sense...

If it's anything important, I have to wait long enough that I don't
remember it properly, so I have to actually *read* it.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>>   I have learned to reread everything I write. I reread all my news posts
>> before I send them (well, at least if they are longer than a few lines).
>> Sometimes I spend more time re-editing and fine-tuning the text than
>> I spent writing it for the first time... :P

And it shows, your posts are without exception fluent and well reasoned.

Invisible wrote:
 > I find that when I reread something I just wrote, I'm not "really"
 > rereading it - because I still remember what I think I typed. If that
 > makes sense...

Yup, I know what you mean. Especially if it's technical.

 > If it's anything important, I have to wait long enough that I don't
 > remember it properly, so I have to actually *read* it.

If I'm writing a paper, I tend to write a draft, leave it alone for a
few days, then go back to it. Luckily it's convenient to work on
different sections independently, or the whole thing takes me ages! When
trying to get a reasoned point right I sometimes spend hours on less
than a hundred words. :)

Post a reply to this message