POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I found this interesting : Re: I found this interesting Server Time
2 Oct 2024 08:19:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I found this interesting
From: andrel
Date: 7 Apr 2008 14:49:29
Message: <47FA6CDA.20607@hotmail.com>
Invisible wrote:

> My mum seriously wanted me to do a PhD. Because, I mean, 6 years in

Most people here get paid to do a PhD, I can not imagine that it is much
different in the UK. And your mum may be right a PhD would fit you
better than your current job.
> And besides,
> every year of my degree, my grades became lower and lower. Fortunately I
> hit graduation before I started failing modules. Thus, a PhD is
> obviously the correct next step - especially given my pathologically
> weak writing skills.

One major problem is that you don't want to move. Your current home town
is not exactly a hot spot of computer science research.
Another problem is your pathological lack of self esteem (or at least
the constant public display of it). Any sane person would not have
referred to 'my pathologically weak writing skills' after all that has
been said over the last few days.