POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yet another Doctor John rant Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:25:28 EDT (-0400)
  Yet another Doctor John rant (Message 81 to 90 of 143)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Yet another Doctor John rant
Date: 31 Mar 2008 15:32:59
Message: <47f14a7b$1@news.povray.org>
>> I'm presuming the whole thing is encased in solid metal to promote
>> heat dissapation or something...
>
> The heat sink usually is one part of solid metal. But it's still is it's
> own part and not part of the CPU.

No, I meant I think the CPU die is encased in solid metal to promote
heat transfer from it to the heat sink.

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 31 Mar 2008 15:35:18
Message: <47F14B24.5020607@hotmail.com>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> BTW... it's possible to rip DVDs??
>>
>> Um, sure. You know those .iso files you see from time to time....
>
> OK, I rephrase: Can you actually *do* something useful with this data
> once you have it?
Like creating MP3 from a music DVD?

Post a reply to this message

From: Gail Shaw
Date: 31 Mar 2008 15:37:04
Message: <47f14b70@news.povray.org>
> >> BTW... it's possible to rip DVDs??
> >
> > Um, sure. You know those .iso files you see from time to time....
>
> OK, I rephrase: Can you actually *do* something useful with this data
> once you have it?

Mount it as a virtual dvd and treat it as if it was a disk. (Daemon tools,
etc)
Most DVD writing software will let you take an iso and burn to a DVD so that
the burnt disk looks like the original.

I wouldn't exactly be storing ripped DVDs if I couldn't do anything with
them...

Post a reply to this message