POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yet another Doctor John rant : Re: Yet another Doctor John rant Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:27:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another Doctor John rant
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 31 Mar 2008 15:42:36
Message: <47f14cbc@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Perhaps I'm not understanding correctly - video data typically eats a
> few GB per minute. So why do you need 1,000 GB? That's, like, several
> *hours* of video data. You'd have to be producing a feature film or
> something to need more, surely?

First of all, you'll have easily more than twice the data you'll
actually need. While shooting video you'll get *a lot* of misshoots.

Secondly, you'll need some scratch space. So the 1000GB can be divided
by 3 or 4 in the first place - 250 or 333GB ain't so much anymore...

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net