POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yet another Doctor John rant : Re: Yet another Doctor John rant Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:25:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another Doctor John rant
From: Warp
Date: 31 Mar 2008 15:44:03
Message: <47f14d12@news.povray.org>
> >> Damn - what on earth could you possibly use 1 TB of disk for?? o_O
> >
> >   Video editing. It's not even enough for serious work on that field.

> Perhaps I'm not understanding correctly - video data typically eats a
> few GB per minute. So why do you need 1,000 GB? That's, like, several
> *hours* of video data. You'd have to be producing a feature film or
> something to need more, surely?

  Do you remember our talk about layers in image editing software?

  Video editing software don't have layers per se, but tracks, which
is almost the same thing.

  Usually the video editing process consists in having hundreds, if not
even thousands of video clips from which you create the whole video.

--
                                                          - Warp