POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yet another Doctor John rant Server Time
1 Oct 2024 22:26:18 EDT (-0400)
  Yet another Doctor John rant (Message 51 to 60 of 143)
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Re: Yet another Doctor John rant
Date: 31 Mar 2008 14:59:50
Message: <47f142b6$1@news.povray.org>

> Wait - Wine attempts to perform emulation at the API level?

Yes, that's the ONLY thing it does. Well, and some tweaking for the PE
executable format, but not much more.

> Damn, that's even harder than hardware emulation! o_O [At least the
> hardware is mostly documented somewhere...]

Correct, it doesn't emulate hardware. It's not an emulator. WINE = Wine
Is Not an Emulator.

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 31 Mar 2008 15:01:02
Message: <47f142fe$1@news.povray.org>
>> [What's it made of? Lead??]
>
> Silicon, mostly. a few threads of gold, maybe a ceramic outer case, with
>  a very small possibility of a heat-conducting metal pad. :D

AMD Athlon64 X2 4200+?

Have you *seen* the heat sink??

It's bigger than the damn CPU - by at least an order of magnitude!

I'm presuming the whole thing is encased in solid metal to promote heat
dissapation or something...

Post a reply to this message