POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yet another Doctor John rant : Re: Yet another Doctor John rant Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:14:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another Doctor John rant
From: Darren New
Date: 31 Mar 2008 15:03:40
Message: <47f1439c$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> That's using a supercomputer - or more accurately, an entire cluster of
> perfectly ordinary computers - to *store* your email, not read it.

Given that computers can't read (as such), I think you're reading too
much into "read your email".  Certainly without the google computer
cluster, you wouldn't be using gmail to read your email. That the email
text actually has to be delivered to your screen is kind of irrelevant,
IMO. :-)

> I still contend that AmigaDOS was easier than any version of Windoze
> I've ever touched. But I'm minority like that...

I agree. A shame it didn't keep up with the times.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"