POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yet another Doctor John rant : Re: Yet another Doctor John rant Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:15:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another Doctor John rant
From: Darren New
Date: 31 Mar 2008 15:05:07
Message: <47f143f3$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Damn - what on earth could you possibly use 1 TB of disk for?? o_O

Anything having to do with processing media, yes.  Certainly any company
can easily fill a terabyte without too much effort.

I mean, come on, you can go down to the corner store and by a 750G disk
drive for ... well, way cheap, here.

> Dual-core is becomming common, but I don't think I've met anybody yet
> who can afford quad-core. (Since that almost necessarily requires you to
> buy Intel, who are still quite expensive.)

Again, for businesses, it's not an issue.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"