POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : NearInfinity game demo Server Time
1 Oct 2024 11:27:47 EDT (-0400)
  NearInfinity game demo (Message 1 to 10 of 24)
From: stbenge
Subject: NearInfinity game demo
Date: 25 Mar 2008 21:00:06
Message: <47e9ae26$1@news.povray.org>
Hello everyone,

I made a game demo featuring a near-infinite landscape. I say
"near-infinite", because computers as they stand now cannot produce a
string of random numbers which do not repeat. But you can get close, so
close in fact that I bet you will never see my demo repeat itself.

Here's the file:
http://www.caltel.com/~abenge/NearInfinity.zip

And a screen shot:
http://www.caltel.com/~abenge/NIscreen.jpg

You can change many aspects of the program via "NI.ini", included in the
zip.

You will need DirectX 8.0 or higher and the Windows operating system to
run this program.

I hope you enjoy my little game. To make it more interesting, I have
hidden a few easter eggs for you to find. Questions and comments are
always appreciated. Have fun!

Sam

Post a reply to this message