POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : NearInfinity game demo : Re: NearInfinity game demo Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:20:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: NearInfinity game demo
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 26 Mar 2008 11:31:13
Message: <47ea7a51@news.povray.org>
>> OK, I'm impressed!
>
> I think the Wine developers worked more on DirectX than on anything
> else. How would you get *any* game working on it otherwise? :)

I was under the impression that virtually nothing works properly on Wine
beyond *the* most basic applications. If they can get something as
complex as DirectX to work, that's pretty damn impressive as far as I
can tell. (Especially since Linux doesn't really support 3D hardware
acceleration yet...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/