POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : shadows/sunlight Server Time
18 Apr 2024 13:16:11 EDT (-0400)
  shadows/sunlight (Message 5 to 14 of 14)
From: Ash Holsenback
Subject: Re: shadows/sunlight
Date: 5 Dec 2020 12:48:28
Message: <5fcbc7ec$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/5/20 12:38 PM, Ash Holsenback wrote:
> hmmm... post screwed up here's what i meant to say:
>
> try the looks_like modifier on the light source... use that first
> sphere you have defined just after the light source in the looks_like
> definition

oh and while you're exploring looks_like in the docs...i thought i saw
another light_source issue. happy hunting!

Post a reply to this message

From: Ash Holsenback
Date: 5 Dec 2020 12:51:34
Message: <5fcbc8a6@news.povray.org>
On 12/5/20 12:41 PM, Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
> You have hidden your light source inside at least one opaque sphere.
> So I think that your problem is not a lack of shadows...

i think the 1st sphere after the light source is the sun... lol didn't
account for that 2nd object

Post a reply to this message