POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Getting brighter shadow with radiosity Server Time
17 Apr 2024 23:53:49 EDT (-0400)
  Getting brighter shadow with radiosity (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Warren
Subject: Getting brighter shadow with radiosity
Date: 6 Oct 2019 07:10:01
Message: <web.5d99caac76a671bf9e68eb1f0@news.povray.org>
Hi/Hello

Recently, I've been modifying a scene I created some time ago that outputs the
following image:
https://www.ant01.fr/images/imgAnt01/povray/radarKaboom_1280.png

which is inspired from this image:
https://www.universetoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/IMG_3857a_KaBOOM-at-KSC_Ken-Kremer.jpg

I tried to get shadows that are brighter like on the source image but the only
trick that works for that purpose was to add a second light source with the
'shadowless' keyword (inspired a little from three light point sources technique
for 3d scenes, the shadowless light source is on the side of the sene by
comparison with the light that casts shadows). I tried with a single light
source with the following for the color: 'color srgb <1, 1, 0.95>*1.2' but the
resulting shadows are too black. Of course all this imply using radiosity, so
the ambient value must be set to 0 (I use the 3.8 version of povray, so I don't
need to set ambient values to 0 with the '#default' keyword. I saw on the povray
radiosity wiki page that recursion_limit can change the indirectly-lit object
but I didn't see any changes by setting this value to 3 or 4

So my question is how do you get bright shadows with radiosity ? Do you use
several light sources or do you have others techniques ?

Post a reply to this message