POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Getting brighter shadow with radiosity : Re: Getting brighter shadow with radiosity Server Time
16 Apr 2024 06:54:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting brighter shadow with radiosity
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 6 Oct 2019 08:25:01
Message: <web.5d99dcc7699fb6554eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"Warren" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hi/Hello
>
> Recently, I've been modifying a scene I created some time ago that outputs the
> following image:
> https://www.ant01.fr/images/imgAnt01/povray/radarKaboom_1280.png

Holy crap.   I had to double/triple take to verify that THAT wasn't a photo...

> So my question is how do you get bright shadows with radiosity ? Do you use
> several light sources or do you have others techniques ?

You're trying to widen the penumbral shadow, so maybe try an area light, or a
sky sphere that has emission in the finish.  Something like that.

Really, really nice work, Warren.  :)

My inner POV-Ray devil is dancing on my shoulder and cackling, "Tell him to do
that as a NIGHT SCENE!!!"   ;)