POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Stacking stones without overlapping Server Time
2 May 2024 05:39:24 EDT (-0400)
  Stacking stones without overlapping (Message 35 to 44 of 64)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Re: Stacking stones without overlapping
Date: 21 Jun 2017 08:00:01
Message: <web.594a5f5ad8d105e9c437ac910@news.povray.org>
Without really knowing exactly what I was doing, and just plugging some stuff
into the editor and changing some values, I got this in 5 min:
(many thanks to Mike Williams   http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/
and David Wagner   http://wiki.waggy.org/dokuwiki/povray/stainedglass)

#version 3.71;

global_settings {
  assumed_gamma 1.0
}

#include "colors.inc"

camera {
 location  <0.0, 0, -5.0>
 right    x*image_width/image_height
 look_at   <0, 0, 0>}

light_source {<10, 10, -30> White}

#declare Packing = 1.3; //(increase to make more tightly packed)

#declare F =
function {
 pigment {
  crackle
  form < -1, Packing, 0>
  metric 3
  offset 0
  turbulence 0.1
  color_map { [0 rgb 1] [0.99 rgb 0] [1 rgb 0] }
  scale 0.25
 }
}

isosurface {
        function { F(x,y,z).red - 0.5 }
        max_gradient 5.5
        contained_by{box{-1,1}}
        pigment {rgb 0.9}
}

Just needs some tweaking, colors and textures.
NO idea how to get the parts sliced smooth by the container removed, but I
supposed doing a difference or intersection with a highly textured box or
something might be a good way to fake it.

Sorry officer, there was no posted speed limit.

Post a reply to this message

On 6/21/2017 12:58 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Just needs some tweaking, colors and textures.

Not nitpicking, it is looking good. Is it possible to texture individual
components?

> NO idea how to get the parts sliced smooth by the container removed, but I
> supposed doing a difference or intersection with a highly textured box or
> something might be a good way to fake it.
>
> Sorry officer, there was no posted speed limit.

Sorry BE that excuse would not hold in the UK. Each type of road here
has its own maximum speed limit.

Built-up areas mph (km/h)	30 (48)
Single carriageways mph (km/h)	60 (96)
Dual carriageways mph (km/h)	70 (112)
Motorways mph(km/h) 		70 (112

That is for Cars, motorcycles, car-derived vans and dual-purpose
vehicles. Other types of vehicles have different (lower) limits.

https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits

Of course stretches of road can have lower limits.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message