POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Stacking stones without overlapping : Re: Stacking stones without overlapping Server Time
16 May 2024 23:03:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stacking stones without overlapping
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 21 Jun 2017 12:20:00
Message: <web.594a9c2ed8d105e9c437ac910@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> Not nitpicking, it is looking good. Is it possible to texture individual
> components?
>
> > NO idea how to get the parts sliced smooth by the container removed, but I
> > supposed doing a difference or intersection with a highly textured box or
> > something might be a good way to fake it.

I think it _might_ be possible to do individual coloration, given that crackle
is based upon unit cells --- and I would imagine that if I give it some
additional thought, then the crackle function could be used to evaluate an rgb
color in the same way it's used to generate the F=0 for the isosurface...

I'm sure that Christoph L. or Mike H. might be able to chime in here, since they
seem to have a lot of practice in coloring isosurfaces with rgb functions.

I think the real point was that - there's _no math[s]_ in that there SDL.

> Sorry BE that excuse would not hold in the UK. Each type of road here
> has its own maximum speed limit.

That is The Road to Serfdom.
This is the Information Superhighway.  ;)