POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Stacking stones without overlapping : Re: Stacking stones without overlapping Server Time
16 May 2024 23:55:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stacking stones without overlapping
From: Stephen
Date: 21 Jun 2017 16:03:06
Message: <594ad0fa$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/21/2017 8:07 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>
>> True but it is not layers of rocks and there are a lot of open spaces.
>
> OK, NOW you're nitpicking.   ;)
>
>> I don't think that it really fits the question. Although the true
>> problem is not properly defined.
>
> Well, I was thinking just that.
> Here's a rock-wall building app that spits out a rock wall with the click of a
> button...
> (no, wait, that's so 2000's)
> with the tap of a screen...
> (no, wait, that's so 2010's)
> with as request to Alexa...
> (although 'they' probably have your whole psycho-social profile stored in the
> cloud and know what your professor wants already ...
>
> ..... and so what have you really learned / accomplished.

Exactly! But here we would only give hints or techniques or maybe
pointers where some code was wrong.
ATM I've spent half a day trying to replicate it in Blender. I have
learned that its particle system won't do it. It will need to be a
ridged body system. But first I have to learn how to break a big stone
into little stones.

In this heat it is like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5lYNgCVwFo

 > In any event, the parameters of the project need to be communicated
more clearly
> and accurately.
> Otherwise some wise-guy will post how to do it in 12 characters with a program
> written in 'Jelly'.
> Or Haskell :D
>
>> No. The road *from* serfdom. We sent our serfs to the colonies. :P
>
> Yep, and we partied like it was 1775.  :)

I'll give you that one even though it took you long enough to start it. ;)

To make sure I was thinking about the right date. I googled 1775 and the
whole front page was about a computer game. Sad the state the world has
come to.

>> At least our cops don't shoot you for traffic violations. ;)
>
> Seriously.
> (though I could really read into that on so many levels)

Indeed you could. But if you are the right complexion it seems you can
get away with murder.

--

Regards
     Stephen