POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Parse warning on refraction Server Time
1 Jun 2024 22:31:16 EDT (-0400)
  Parse warning on refraction (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Parse warning on refraction
Date: 19 Jun 2013 03:09:11
Message: <51c15917@news.povray.org>
On 18-6-2013 23:41, Stephen wrote:
> On 18/06/2013 8:54 PM, gharryh wrote:
>> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>>>
>>> Have you defined red_led as a texture, previously in your code?
>>>

>> No it even goes wrong on a simple object in a clean scene
>>

> Oh dear! That is a shame.
> Because I just rendered your code in a scene and it was fine.

Which makes me guess - like Jim - that the problem resides within the
TextLabel.inc file itself. Gharryh, I suppose you include this file into
your main scene? In any case, examine the code around line 23 in the
include file. Big chance that the missing } is found there. If not,
experiment by adding  } successively at the end of each material block
and render, starting with the end of the file and gradually shift it
higher if the render works well. As soon as the render fails, you have
found the area to examine closely. I often do it that way when in
serious doubt.

Succes!

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> Which makes me guess - like Jim - that the problem resides within the
> TextLabel.inc file itself. Gharryh, I suppose you include this file into
> your main scene? In any case, examine the code around line 23 in the
> include file. Big chance that the missing } is found there. If not,
> experiment by adding  } successively at the end of each material block
> and render, starting with the end of the file and gradually shift it
> higher if the render works well. As soon as the render fails, you have
> found the area to examine closely. I often do it that way when in
> serious doubt.
>
> Succes!
>
> Thomas
Solved the problem by removing all the old textures from the origional file and
creating a new one and that solved the problem. This is the content of that
file:
[code]
//    POV-Ray version 3.7 Include File
//    File: MyMaterials.inc
//    Last updated: June 2013

#ifndef(MyMaterials_Temp)

#declare MyMaterials_Temp = version;
#version 3.5;

#ifndef(__colors_inc)
#include "colors.inc"
#end

#declare MyRedLed = material {
    texture {
        pigment {Red filter .6}
        finish {
            specular .7
            roughness .02
        }
    }
    interior{ior 1.5}
}

#declare MyGreenLed = material {
    texture {
        pigment {Green filter .6}
        finish {
            specular .7
            roughness .02
        }
    }
    interior{ior 1.5}
}

#declare MyAcrylic = material {
    texture {
        pigment {Green filter .9}
        finish {
            specular 1
            roughness .005
            reflection .1
            ambient 0
            diffuse 0
        }
    }
    interior{ior 1.4}
}

#declare MyRedClearPlastic = material {
    texture {
        pigment {Red filter .8}
        finish {
            specular 1
            roughness .001
            reflection .1
        }
    }
    interior{ior 1.4}
}

#declare MyGreenClearPlastic = material {
    texture {
        pigment {Green filter .8}
        finish {
            specular 1