POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : smooth mesh not rendering properly Server Time
23 May 2024 17:43:27 EDT (-0400)
  smooth mesh not rendering properly (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: noam
Subject: smooth mesh not rendering properly
Date: 19 May 2012 16:55:01
Message: <web.4fb807dbf79b7aaa290d22550@news.povray.org>
I am trying to render a smooth mesh I have created (from a matlab script). I
have calculated all the vertex normals by averaging the vertex' adjacent faces'
normals and normalizing them.
I have checked (plotted in matlaba) and the normals appear to be correct.
However, when I render my mesh I encounter the problems described here:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Knowledgebase:The_Shadow_Line_Artifact
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Knowledgebase:Smooth_Triangle_Artifact

So to solve all my problem I have to cancel shadows. Which is not
I am not sure I understand - is there no way to plot meshes without encountering
this issue, and being forced to remove shadows? Is there some way to use a
regular mesh (i.e not a "smooth" one) and make it appear to be smooth?

Post a reply to this message