POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : smooth mesh not rendering properly : Re: smooth mesh not rendering properly Server Time
16 Jun 2024 10:17:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: smooth mesh not rendering properly
From: Warp
Date: 20 May 2012 03:46:41
Message: <4fb8a161@news.povray.org>
noam <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> So to solve all my problem I have to cancel shadows. Which is not
> I am not sure I understand - is there no way to plot meshes without encountering
> this issue, and being forced to remove shadows? Is there some way to use a
> regular mesh (i.e not a "smooth" one) and make it appear to be smooth?

  Usually using double_illuminate does not affect the appearance of closed
meshes (nor open ones if the interior surface is not visible), but removes
many of the artifacts caused by normal inversion.

  The only way to get rid of the shadow line artifact (or at least to
minimize it) without removing shadows altogether is to subdivide the mesh
into much smaller triangles.

--
                                                          - Warp