POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : photons - I can't reproduce demo pictures from povray.org's documentation Server Time
5 Sep 2024 00:15:06 EDT (-0400)
  photons - I can't reproduce demo pictures from povray.org's documentation (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Christian Parpart
Subject: photons - I can't reproduce demo pictures from povray.org's documentation
Date: 31 Jul 2002 20:59:50
Message: <3d488805@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

I can't reproduce the demo images shown in the official povray documentation
showing the use of photons.

image:
http://www.povray.org/documentation/images/photons2.png

documentation url:
http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/208/

I really tried most everything I know...

Please can some one give me a tiny example of how to use it right?
I created a lense using two spheres to be intersected with a pigment color
white and filter of 0.9. I also switched on photons in my light source and
in the global_section. What did I miss? I do not get the sme results as the
picgure (photons2.png) shows.

Many thanks,
Christian.

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 01 Aug 2002 02:59:49 +0200, Christian Parpart
<cpa### [at] surakwarenet> wrote:

>I created a lense using two spheres to be intersected with a pigment color
>white and filter of 0.9. I also switched on photons in my light source and
>in the global_section. What did I miss? I do not get the sme results as the
>picgure (photons2.png) shows.

Did you put a photons block on your lens object? Something like:

object {
  Lens
  material { Lens_material }
  photons { target on refraction on }
}

check the manual for the object photon block.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg

Peter Popov inspired the electrons to say:
> On Thu, 01 Aug 2002 02:59:49 +0200, Christian Parpart
> <cpa### [at] surakwarenet> wrote:
>
>>I created a lense using two spheres to be intersected with a pigment color
>>white and filter of 0.9. I also switched on photons in my light source and
>>in the global_section. What did I miss? I do not get the sme results as
>>the picgure (photons2.png) shows.
>
> Did you put a photons block on your lens object? Something like:
>
> object {
>   Lens
>   material { Lens_material }
>   photons { target on refraction on }
> }

Well, okay, yes, I did my object give the photons section as you did too.
But it may be the the Lense declaration may be wrong.. and, btw, I don't
have a material used in this way you did. Is my wrong?

Hm... my source url is
http://cparpart.surakware.net/public/lense.pov

The result url is as follows:
http://cparpart.surakware.net/public/lense.png (original)
http://cparpart.surakware.net/public/lense.jpg (converted)

I'd be happy if there's anything wrong that you can find ;-)

Thanks in advance,
Christian Parpart.

Post a reply to this message