POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : photons - I can't reproduce demo pictures from povray.org's documentation : Re: photons - I can't reproduce demo pictures from povray.org's documentation Server Time
4 Sep 2024 22:17:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: photons - I can't reproduce demo pictures from povray.org's documentation
From: Christian Parpart
Date: 1 Aug 2002 09:40:50
Message: <3d493a61@news.povray.org>
Peter Popov inspired the electrons to say:
> On Thu, 01 Aug 2002 02:59:49 +0200, Christian Parpart
> <cpa### [at] surakwarenet> wrote:
>
>>I created a lense using two spheres to be intersected with a pigment color
>>white and filter of 0.9. I also switched on photons in my light source and
>>in the global_section. What did I miss? I do not get the sme results as
>>the picgure (photons2.png) shows.
>
> Did you put a photons block on your lens object? Something like:
>
> object {
>   Lens
>   material { Lens_material }
>   photons { target on refraction on }
> }

Well, okay, yes, I did my object give the photons section as you did too.
But it may be the the Lense declaration may be wrong.. and, btw, I don't
have a material used in this way you did. Is my wrong?

Hm... my source url is
http://cparpart.surakware.net/public/lense.pov

The result url is as follows:
http://cparpart.surakware.net/public/lense.png (original)
http://cparpart.surakware.net/public/lense.jpg (converted)

I'd be happy if there's anything wrong that you can find ;-)

Thanks in advance,
Christian Parpart.