POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : photons - I can't reproduce demo pictures from povray.org's documentation : Re: photons - I can't reproduce demo pictures from povray.org's documentation Server Time
4 Sep 2024 22:12:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: photons - I can't reproduce demo pictures from povray.org's documentation
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 1 Aug 2002 13:41:28
Message: <3d4972c8@news.povray.org>
"Christian Parpart" <cpa### [at] surakwarenet> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Well, okay, yes, I did my object give the photons section as you did too.
> But it may be the the Lense declaration may be wrong.. and, btw, I don't
> have a material used in this way you did. Is my wrong?

You don't have to use the "material"-keyword, but your lens need some
interior. Define some ior- and maybe dispersion-value. F.e.

object {
  Lense
  interior {ior 1.2 dispersion 1.05} // ADD THIS LINE
  photons { target reflection on refraction on }
}

will burn some hole in your floor :-)

Regards,

Marc-Hendrik