POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : another lightblub question Server Time
4 Sep 2024 18:14:46 EDT (-0400)
  another lightblub question (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Wade
Subject: another lightblub question
Date: 12 Aug 2002 13:00:17
Message: <3d57e9a1$1@news.povray.org>
When I try to scale the lamp itself, I get another lightblub over the lamp.
how do I remove it?  Once again I'm including the lightblub.inc file.
here's the code:

#include "lightblub.inc"
#include "colors.inc"
#include "metals.inc"

#declare Blub = union {
 light_source {
  <0,2,0>
  color rgb <1,1,1>
  area_light x*1, y*1, 2, 2
  adaptive 1
  jitter
  looks_like {Lightblub}
  }
  light_source {
   <0,20,0>
   color Gray75
   fade_distance 10
   fade_power 2
   shadowless
  }
}
#declare Shade =
  cone {
   0, 1, y, 0.5
   texture {
    pigment { marble
     color_map {
      [0/4 color rgbf <1, 1, 1, .4>]
      [1/4 color rgbf <1, 1, 1, .4>]
      [1/4 color rgbf <1, 1, 1, .4>*0.10]
      [2/4 color rgbf <1, 1, 1, .4>*0.10]
      [2/4 color rgbf <1, 1, 1, .4>]
      [3/4 color rgbf <1, 1, 1, .4>*0.10]
      [3/4 color rgbf <1, 1, 1, .4>]
      [4/4 color rgbf <1, 1, 1, .4>]
      }
    turbulence 0.5
    scale 0.25
   }
  }
    finish {ambient 0.2 diffuse 0.5 specular 0.5 roughness 0.05}
    translate y*1.5
}
#declare Radiosity=on;

global_settings {
  assumed_gamma 1.0
  //max_trace_level 25
  #if (Radiosity)
    radiosity {
      pretrace_start 0.08           // start pretrace at this size
      pretrace_end   0.04           // end pretrace at this size
      count 35                      // higher -> higher quality (1..1600)
[35]
      nearest_count 5               // higher -> higher quality (1..10) [5]
      error_bound 1.8               // higher -> smoother, less accurate
[1.8]
      recursion_limit 3             // how much interreflections are
calculated (1..5+) [3]
      low_error_factor .5           // reduce error_bound during last
pretrace step
      gray_threshold 0.0            // increase for weakening colors (0..1)
[0]
      minimum_reuse 0.015           // reuse of old radiosity samples
[0.015]
      brightness 1                  // brightness of radiosity effects
(0..1) [1]

      adc_bailout 0.01/2
      //normal on                   // take surface normals into account
[off]
      //media on                    // take media into account [off]
      //save_file "file_name"       // save radiosity data
      //load_file "file_name"       // load saved radiosity data
      //always_sample off           // turn sampling in final trace off [on]
      //max_sample 1.0              // maximum brightness of samples
    }
  #end
}

#default {
  texture {
    pigment {rgb 1}
    #if (Radiosity)
      finish {
        ambient 0.0
        diffuse 0.6
        specular 0.3
      }
    #else
      finish {
        ambient 0.1
        diffuse 0.6
        specular 0.3
      }
    #end
  }
}

// ----------------------------------------

camera {
  right x*image_width/image_height
  location  <0,1.5,-4>
  look_at   <0,1,0>
}

light_source {
  <500,500,-500>       // light's position
  color rgb <1, 1, 1>  // light's color
}

sky_sphere {
  pigment {
    gradient y
    color_map {
      [0.0 rgb <0.6,0.7,1.0>]
      [0.7 rgb <0.0,0.1,0.8>]
    }
  }
}

// ----------------------------------------

plane {
  y, 0
  texture {
    pigment {
      checker
      color rgb <1.0, 0.8, 0.6>
      color rgb <1.0, 0.0, 0.0>
      scale 0.5
    }
  }
}

union {
 cylinder {
  0*y .15*y .5
  }
 cylinder {
  0*y 1.5*y .15
 }
 object { Blub }
 object { Shade }
 scale 0.5
 texture { pigment { color Black } finish { F_MetalB } } }

Markham ICQ#: 44258048 Current ICQ status: + More ways to contact me i See
more about me:

Attachments:
Download 'lightblub.inc.txt' (1 KB)