POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : #declaring a #declare Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:19:33 EDT (-0400)
  #declaring a #declare (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: David Burnett
Subject: #declaring a #declare
Date: 19 Sep 2001 14:46:24
Message: <1000928816@bigfoot.com>
I'm playing with the source to LParser to add a few new formats,
including a couple of pov-ray ones. While creating a example pov file I
came across what I would classify is unexpected behaviour.

In texture.inc Jade is declared as....

#declare Jade =
pigment {
    marble
    turbulence 1.8
    color_map { Jade_Map }
}

if in my pov file I use

#declare texture_3  = texture {Jade}

I get a warning

Parsing.........setup.pov:13: warning: Found pigment identifier that should be in
pigment statement.

however if I use

#declare texture_3  = texture {
pigment {
    marble
    turbulence 1.8
    color_map { Jade_Map }
}
}

I don't get a warning.

So what is going on, is this the expected behaviour, how do I get around
it.

Dave
--
Posted By NewsBe 1.6.4
http://www.vargol.freeserve.co.uk/newsbe/

Post a reply to this message

> I'm playing with the source to LParser to add a few new formats,
> including a couple of pov-ray ones. While creating a example pov file I
> came across what I would classify is unexpected behaviour.
>
> In texture.inc Jade is declared as....
>
> #declare Jade =
> pigment {
>     marble
>     turbulence 1.8
>     color_map { Jade_Map }
> }
>
> if in my pov file I use
>
> #declare texture_3  = texture {Jade}
>
> I get a warning
>
> Parsing.........setup.pov:13: warning: Found pigment identifier that should be in
pigment statement.

> however if I use
>
> #declare texture_3  = texture {
> pigment {
>     marble
>     turbulence 1.8
>     color_map { Jade_Map }
> }
> }
>
> I don't get a warning.
>
> So what is going on, is this the expected behaviour, how do I get around
> it.
>
> Dave
> --
> Posted By NewsBe 1.6.4
> http://www.vargol.freeserve.co.uk/newsbe/

In the example Jade is a pigment not a texture.

You should be able to use

#declare texture_3 = texture { pigment { Jade } }

--
Dr. Lothar Esser
NIH / NCI

Post a reply to this message