POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : #declaring a #declare : Re: #declaring a #declare Server Time
5 Sep 2024 06:18:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #declaring a #declare
From: Bob H
Date: 19 Sep 2001 19:15:59
Message: <3ba9272f@news.povray.org>
"Trevor Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> i think it should be:
> #declare texture_3  = texture {pigment{Jade} }
>
> i.e., declared pigments need to be in pigment wrappers (textures in
texture
> wrappers, etc.)

Yep, and just to reiterate: keep in mind that the wrapper of each kind of
statement needs to be repeated like that when redeclaring.  object,
material, texture, pigment, normal, finish, interior, media, density and
others.  I'm not sure of the complete list but most anything with braces {},
aside from CSG union, etc., though.  Just happens to be how POV-Ray works
with them.

Probably a good time to point out that layered textures can only be declared
one time through.  If trying to add layers into a previously declared
layered texture there will be a warning and it'll stop parsing.

Bob H.